Be yourself--not too much

"That's just me. I won't change. Deal with it."

Oh how I hate that line when I comment someone about their bad attitude, habit, whatever.

People sometimes feel too good about themselves that they see change as a bad thing. They'll go saying, "Why don't you just love me for who I am? I'd rather be me than change for you."

First of all, I didn't tell you to change. I was just giving a comment. Oh, did I offend you? That I didn't mean. If there's any comment I would give, I'd want and try to make it constructive. It's up to you to take it that way or otherwise. If you choose the latter, then that's probably why you reply the I'd-rather-be-me line.

Secondly, don't think that by being yourself is all that good. Even I have my own flaws that I don't want to acknowledge as just being myself. We can't please everyone. We know that, don't we?

Don't tell me you've never complained to anyone about their habits or attitude. How would you feel if she'd say she's just being herself? It's not like you're telling her to be somebody else, right? As long as you're telling her to change for the better, then you're on the right track.

I used to be the kind of person who let others decide for myself. Like I didn't have a stand. Until my cousin told me and she seemed really irritated about it, I started to be the opposite--which I find now as better that how I used to be. I know I was being myself back then. I know now too that I am better than who I was before.

Sure, being yourself is good. But please don't be too confident that by doing so, you're doing a good job and it's up to the people to deal with your not so pleasing attitude. If someone comments about you, be thankful and see it as a bridge for a better you. After all, why would they complain if they didn't want a better you?

4 comment/s:

thelovelessguru said...

I couldn't agree more. Some people just can't handle criticisms well.

Anonymous said...

that's called complacency..

selfish, and self-satisfied.

i have a problem with that tinay..
someone who has my blood. and i thought that i could not lift my voice, take a stand and tell her she has to be better just because i am the youngest.. i could not suggest.

what a coward!

-goldee-

Anonymous said...

ouch....that hurts.

inday stimulator. said...

i was here. :))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...