That Friggin Day I Went Twice To the Top

So my good friend and I were walking this steep road that was supposedly going to lead us to the highest peak so far in our lives. He was blabbing about his knees shaking and I was bragging of my endurance that seemed to be as high as the altitude we were at, challenging his manliness which seemed to be my laughing stock for that moment. Brushing my pocket, i noticed my car keys weren't on its usual place: my pant's belt holder. You know, that thin strap of fabric where you insert your belt. Sure, name it whatever you wanna call it. So much about the anatomy of the jeans.

In my years of driving, I had never lost my car keys nor left them somewhere else. What more leave them hanging in the ignition switch which was exactly what happened that day among all the days in that place among all the places: Friday, the only rest day I had in my 8-day duty; in the high mountains of Tops, Busay. We were locked from the outside, without a spare key in my pocket, and our house miles away from that foggy place I long waited to visit.

5:44 PM.
The dark clouds scaring me off.
Heavens have mercy on us.

Add the fact that I had only a hundred pesos in my purse. Talk about preparedness and a series of unfortunate events. I took a motor ride down to the city which cost me quarter of my money, 2 jeepney rides, and the company of the rain which left me half soaked and the roads flooded.

Oh, and about my friend? He stayed there in the mountains. He was with another good friend of mine, Fred, my 15-year-old red sedan whose aircon whistles I dread. T_T

After travelling and getting myself ready for what seemed to be a frightful talking-to with my folks, I got only a few words from my dad (whew!) and then he handed me 3 spare keys, just in case luck was REALLY trying to play tricks with me. I took another 2 jeepney rides and a motor ride which cost me 70 pesos (ouch!) and now with the company of the freezing mountain breeze.

7:42 PM.
Starving.
With the keys in my pocket.
Sweet redemption.

photo by bypass2020 on DA

3 comment/s:

Anonymous said...

haha..nay!di jud to mkalimtan..malasa jud..- yanot

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tinamisu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...