In Out Whatever

I'm not usually a fan of fads. Huge shades, flipflops, plaids, headbands, gadgets, whatnot. I even just had my hair cut so short I didn't mind my friends' plea not to.

It was a sunny afternoon a while ago and I was in a car whose windows have not the slightest tint on them, with my girl friends, on our way to our favorite fast food up to meet Jes. Jane shotgun, as usual. The sun was scorching hot and the aircon not cooperating. There were five bodies inside the car, too insulated from the weather. Squinting and sweating, I took my black rimless shades from the dashboard and jokingly told my friends, "I'm still your friend while I put these shades on, okay?" Hell yeah they were still my friends. I could hear the burst of laughter from the front and back seats.


Thinking while looking at them and sharing their laughter: do I look really hilariously horrible with these shades I chose according to my own taste? sheeeeeesh.

I took them off. My passenger was laughing and telling me I looked so yesterday and that I should have something like Jackie O's. Like I ever cared about their taste--which they consider IN--to be mine as well. I like looking at girls with those huge eye accessory even though I know their noses aren't as long as the shades require them to be, which leave the glasses to just hang on their cheeks. HAHA. No offense. It's an okay sight though. I don't really care. Til you care about mine.

People with the original taste (before the fad came out) have to drop their love of the just-now-craze for fear of being labeled a wannabe. Argh. To hell with fads.

0 comment/s:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...